Various areas in this facility, such as the building entrance, path of travel to guest check-in, [path of travel to guest rooms, and the pool area] meet 2010 ADA standards for accessible design.] This facility is an “existing facility” under the Americans with Disabilities Act and guest rooms do not meet current accessibility standards. Doorways to guest rooms measure 36 inches clear, doorways to bathrooms measure 24 inches clear, toilets are 28 in height and showers are not wheelchair accessible. All of our guest rooms include closed captioning available on the TVs, and upon request, we will provide an ADA compliant shower stool, an ADA compliant raised toilet seat with support arm rails and secure locking, and a hearing-impaired smoke detector. For additional information on accessibility please contact us at (251) 948-6811. Please be assured that our efforts are ongoing.
28 CFR Part 36.302(e) states that places of lodging must provide descriptions of accessible features of the hotel and guest rooms as part of any reservations process, such as website booking. Specifically:
- Reservations made by places of lodging. A public accommodation that owns, leases (or leases to), or operates a place of lodging shall, with respect to reservations made by any means, including by telephone, in-person, or through a third party --
- Modify its policies, practices, or procedures to ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations for accessible guest rooms during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need accessible rooms;
- Identify and describe accessible features in the hotels and guest rooms offered through its reservations service in enough detail to reasonably permit individuals with disabilities to assess independently whether a given hotel or guest room meets his or her accessibility needs;
- Ensure that accessible guest rooms are held for use by individuals with disabilities until all other guest rooms of that type have been rented and the accessible room requested is the only remaining room of that type;
- Reserve, upon request, accessible guest rooms or specific types of guest rooms and ensure that the guest rooms requested are blocked and removed from all reservations systems;and
- Guarantee that the specific accessible guest room reserved through its reservations service is held for the reserving customer, regardless of whether a specific room is held in response to reservations made by others.
- Exception. The requirements in paragraphs (iii), (iv), and (v) of this section do not apply to reservations for individual guest rooms or other units not owned or substantially controlled by the entity that owns, leases, or operates the overall facility.
- Compliance date. The requirements in this section will apply to reservations made on or after March 15, 2012.